I’m swaying from my design roots today to give you a great idea for the fall! As the weather gets colder, I tend to drink more coffee. I LOVE Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks, but not living near a Starbucks has put a damper on my addiction. I have tried the flavored creamers, but nothing has tickled my fancy.
Here is a homemade recipe that is FANTASTIC!!! I have tried it several ways and while most are good, this is the best tasting one (which means alot of fat:) ).
- 1 3/4 Cup of Heavy Cream (you can use milk or half and half if you want to cut down on calories and fat)
- 1- 14oz Can of Evaporated Milk (you can use regular or fat free. Again, the regular will make it creamier!)
- 3 Tbsp of Pumpkin Puree (canned is fine)
- 4 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp of Pumpkin Spice
- Warm up the Pumpkin, Syrup, and spices in a small pot on the stove.
- Once warmed, add about a 1/2 cup of milk and stir constantly for a few minutes.
- When you start to see steam rising, you can take it off the heat. Add the remaining milk and stir.
- Once cooled, pour into your container and it is ready to drink!
- I have a special container that I keep it in. I put a piece of tape on the front with the expiration of the date of the milk on it to make sure I don’t get an unpleasant surprise in my coffee one morning.
- If you use regular milk or fat free evaporated milk, the spices are going to be pretty strong. I would suggest cutting back on your spices.
- You don’t have to warm up everything–but it helps to blend everything. If you choose not to warm it up, the creamer will be gritty.
Pumpkin spice not your favorite? Check out the original blog that I found the recipe at for other great flavors!!